Early & Late Hours Available • Wellington Dental Emergencies Welcome
Wellington Dental Implants
At Gumucio Dental, we can provide Wellington dental implants for our patients who need them. There are several ways to address missing teeth, and we believe dental implants provide excellent solutions for patients, as long as they are good candidates for the procedure.
What are Wellington Dental Implants?
Wellington dental implants are small screws typically made of titanium alloy that are surgically imbedded in the jawbone. Ultimately, the implants are connected to dental prostheses, which replace missing teeth in a very natural looking manner plus provide additional benefits.
Who is Not a Good Candidate for Wellington Dental Implants?
For most patients, the most convenient solution for missing teeth is Wellington dental implants. Other options include removable dentures and dental bridges, which have fewer benefits. Not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants, however, including the following:
- Dental implants are not recommended for children and adolescents because their jaws are still in development. Growth of the jaw stops after age 22. When the jaw grows, any existing dental implants remain fixed in place. This puts the teeth out of alignment.
- Surgical procedures are involved in treatment for Wellington dental implants. If a patient does not have good general health or if certain medications can affect treatment, dental implants may not be recommended.
- Certain illnesses and diseases weaken the body’s immune system, which makes it more difficult for wounds to heal. This situation increases the risk of complications with implants. Therefore, patients with diabetes and other conditions that weaken the immune system may not be good candidates for Wellington dental implants.
- Implant failure is a significantly higher risk among people who smoke. Heavy smoking can cause connective tissue problems and ossification, both of which negatively affect dental implant treatments. Outcomes can be improved if the patient cuts back on smoking or quits altogether.
- There is a considerably higher risk factor for dental implant failure if a patient has untreated oral infections, such as periodontitis. At Gumucio Dental, we are glad to provide dental treatments for patients to recover from oral infections so that dental implants may become viable options.
Benefits of Wellington Dental Implants
Wellington dental implants provide stable support for artificial teeth because they fuse to your jawbone. Bridges and dentures that are mounted to implants don’t shift or slip in your mouth, which helps with both speaking and eating. Due to the secure fit, dental implants feel much more natural than traditional dentures or bridges. The following are more benefits of Wellington dental implants:
- Dental implants are the next best thing to natural, healthy teeth.
- Implants provide a long-term solution, lasting an entire lifetime, when placed properly and given proper care. Compare this to conventional bridges, which usually last between five to seven years.
- Teeth have tremendous impact on appearance. With dental implants, your natural face shape and smile are retained. Without teeth, the face can sag and appear to be sunken.
- No need to put your teeth in a cup at night. They can stay in your mouth where they belong, 24-7.
- You can eat any foods at all, when you have dental implants. Same as with natural teeth, there are virtually no limitations, as far as the food you can eat.
If you have missing teeth, why not schedule a consultation today with Gumucio Dental, and find out whether you are eligible for Wellington dental implants.
Ready to make a change?
Schedule a free, no obligation consultation online today.